Proof Marks : Proof 1 Proof 2 Proof 3 Proof 4 Proof 5 Proof 6
60. British proofs added to Lugers imported or captured by England.
61. Nazi era commercial proof found on Lugers reworked by independent shops such as Anschutz and Vono.
62. Indicates weapon was exported for commercial sale.
63. British proofs added to imported or captured Lugers.
64. German Navy Yard markings added to rear grip strap of most 1904, 1906, 1908 and 1914 navy military Lugers.
65. German Navy markings added to Lugers issued to the post WW 1 German Navy.
66 & 67. Nazi era navy markings added Lugers issued to the German Navy (1934-1945 period).
68. "Death Head" marking found on a few early Nazi era reworks (1930-1933 period).
69. Typical unit markings found on the front grip strap of police or military Lugers (1920-1930).
70. Swiss marking indicating military weapon declared surplus and released for commercial sale in the year indicated by the two digits.
Courtesy of Ted