Proof Marks : Proof 1 Proof 2 Proof 3 Proof 4 Proof 5 Proof 6
36. Receiver proof found on early 1930-1933 Mauser reworked Lugers.
37. Waffen Amt (Ordinance Department) proof. Found on receivers of 1930-1933 Mauser and Simson reworks.
38. Barrel and breechblock proofs found on some 1930-1933 reworks AND on some 1934 military examples.
39. Simson final proof. Appears with proof 37 on Simson reworks.
40. "Mauser Arbeiten" (Mauser reworked) proof noted on a very few 1930-1933 reworks.
41. Early Mauser proof found on DWM/Mauser variation.
42. Mauser commerical (Oberndorf) proof. Noted on commercial and contract Mauser Lugers.
43. Mauser Military proof noted on "K" and "G" dated examples. Right proof appears on barrel.
44. Mauser military proof noted on "K" and "G" dated examples. Right proof appears on barrel.
45. Mauser military proof noted on "G" date and later dated Lugers. Right proof appears on barrel.
46 & 47. Mauser military proofs. S/42, 42, and BYF coded Lugers. Left and right proofs appear on barrel, right proof on breechblock.
48. Mauser commercial proof found on some commercial and contract Mausers of the 1935-1942 era. The right proof sometimes appears on the front sight block.
Courtesy of Ted